- First you identify an issue that elicits emotion and sympathy in some people. Health care is a favorite as are education and low income
- Next you identify related horror and hardship stories. It helps if they include some minority populatiion
- You then use trigger words like crisis, struggling and unfair
- The perception is created that the issue is widespread and affects large segments of society. This allows a broad brush solution needed or not because now it is accepted by many that the issue is indeed a widespread crisis
- It also helps if there is a convenient scapegoat; corporations and the wealthy are popular
- Appeal to groups that may feel aggrieved
- Finally never mention in your solution anything about cost or how your solution is paid for except of course, if you have used fair share and inequality in your propaganda and then you must use millionaires and billionaires
- Also, never, ever suggest or mention possible consequences of your solution
Thank you – sooo true!
Qu’ils mangent de la brioche?
It sounds, almost, as if you are implying that inequality is not a problem, or is the “fault” of the individual.
Is there maybe a middle of the road solution?
Impressive, on how many have learned how to become a community organizer. It was less than 15 years ago that most Americans were introduced to America’s “organizer-in-chief”, President Obama.
Remember that the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”
Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it.
Can’t read this color is too white to see the print. But I love your posts when I can read them. So happy that you use so much of your time sharing information. Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone
Is this the Karen I love NYC Karen?
We are also living in a time where the main stream media and social media will echo the exact words and talking points as long as it fits their agenda. There is no journalistic opposing points of view. Too much “reporting” is opinion or screen shoots, taken out of context, of social media as proof to support their statements instead of hard data.
When that doesn’t work, just start calling people names, censor them, and ban them. It’s mob rule so appeal to the mob.
It is the socialist playbook, these people are coordinated and are true believers of their garbage. The ordinary citizen is nothing more than someone to be herded like sheep.
Very good post. It sounds like the socialist playbook for hoodwinking people into believing how great it is.
Welfare, even income redistribution, is not socialism. Milton Friedman was not a socialist…
And income (or wealth) inequality is a serious problem —-even if—- the “poor” in America is better off than in most other countries.