You can thank many people.
- The Founders and patriots who took the risks and set us on the course of a republic
- The slaves who through blood, sweat and toil helped build wealth and trade with the world
- The tradesmen, farmers, shipbuilders, merchants, workers of all kinds who built the economy
- Public workers, teachers, police and others who provide vital services and educate us
- The pioneers who risked life and limb expanding the Country
- The scientists and inventors who moved us ahead
- The entrepreneurs who started new businesses and new industries
- The immigrants doing the above
- The robber barons despite their methods, abuses and greed
There are many contributors to success. Some contribute more than others, some reap greater financial rewards, but without all the pieces, this mosaic outstanding in the world would not be a pretty picture.
We (by that I mean certain politicians) should keep that in mind before deciding who we pick and choose to demonize, blame or scapegoat pitting one group against another.